Friday, March 15, 2013

One Room at a Time :: Kitchen Cart turned Coffee Bar DIY

Hello!

Before I finally share the details of our little kitchen redo as part of my one room @ a time series, I wanted to share one of the projects we did in the space. 

You've caught peeks of the old kitchen cart we have in the room in our post about our kitchen command center, but it's been hidden for a pretty good reason:


It's boring. And borderline country. 
Eh. 

I had Jason give it a quick sand, and I painted the base with leftover paint we had as well as stained the top with stain we had from another project. Some new hardware and it was already looking much better. 



We also gave the cart a whole new purpose by turning it into our coffee bar. 


I made the larger tray out of the top to the ikea storage box we already owned. The top was always being thrown around anyway (because keeping a lid on anything in this house would be a crime according to our children, ha!). I added some new fabric to the top and covered that with clear contact paper to protect it from coffee spills. 

We attached the hardware that was originally on the cart to really make it look like a tray: 


This area now houses everything we need to make coffee. Coffee, (filters are held in the drawer), Truvia is held in the sugar tin I picked up a couple of years ago at Goodwill, cinnamon is kept up front, and mugs are ready to go. 


The inside is equally as functional. The drawer houses our random stuff that I shared with you in our junk drawer redo.

The bottom half now houses our new, smaller microwave (out of sight!) and a basket that we use to hold our potatoes and garlic. 




It's now beautiful AND functional :) Ready to see the ugly one last time?


Aside from new hardware, this entire project was F.R.E.E. 

I can not wait to share the rest with you - including a little tweeking that was done to this area!!

Happy Weekend!

xo-
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment