Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New to the Shop :: Care Bear Goody Bags!

Good morning!

I had hinted yesterday about working on some sewing projects over the weekend, and I wanted to share what it was. I've had the cotton goody bags that I made for Cayden's Care Bear party on Etsy for awhile now, but have never been happy with the photos or information. So, when I got the chance to work on a few custom orders this weekend, I jumped at the chance to finally take some new pictures and update the look. 


I decided to switch out the plain ribbon for a beautiful rainbow yarn. 





Every time I work on an order of these, I fall in love with them all over again! 

In the mean time, I took it as a chance to play around a little with packaging and marketing since I hope to soon expand into more printed and handmade items {see? I am already starting to rock out one of my resolutions I mentioned last week!}. Nothing fancy, I just printed up some tags and worked with some items we already had around the house. Trying to keep it simple, but beautiful. If you follow me on instagram {@nestling_designs}, you would have already gotten a sneak peak:




Also, I just have to show you a little "behind the scenes" action of what I am dealing with over here. I set up a little area in our family room to photograph the bags since it had the best light at the time. As soon as I was done, I turned around and look who decided to make it his own  little stage/bed. {he even took a nap on it later!}


Seriously, this cat thinks everything is a bed for him :)

xo,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment