Monday, December 17, 2012

Gingerbread Party

Happy Monday!
 
I'm excited to share with you the "sweet" little party we threw this weekend for just a handful of our children's friends. I knew that we just wouldn't have the time to throw an all-out Christmas party this year, so I have decided to throw two smaller, low-key versions ;)
 
 Gingerbread was our theme and we based all our decorations off that.
Invitations went out by hand and featured an actual hard candy, because really, shouldn't everything come with candy??!
 
 
I fastened our front wreath with some adorable lights I found on sale at one of my many late night Toys R Us runs:


 


 
Wrapped balloons in cellophane acted as large candy decoration.





 
For a real treat, we made homemade gingerbread ice cream, served with little gingerbread men.


 
I set up small birdhouses that I painted brown to act as gingerbread houses {white felt was cut out and glued to look like 'snow'}.


The got to decorate them with ribbon, poms, pipecleaners, and foam stickers. 





 
Next up was gingerbread men decorating:







 
And we were left with some beautiful creations :)

 
The guests were sent home with their little men wrapped up with with their name:

 
....and a little box of popcorn using this recipe.

 
Everyone had a blast, and we are now one step closer to Christmas!
 
How was your weekend?
 
 
xo,
Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment