Monday, October 29, 2012

No-Bake Halloween Treats

Halloween is in T-minus 2 days, and if you haven't gotten your treats ready, you are at the right place! The place of a procrastinators, of course ;)
 
Here are some of the cute NO-BAKE desserts I "whipped" up for a "build-your-own-cauldron" playdate we hosted today.
 
 
 
The first set of treats were inspired by a table setting I saw in the blogosphere that had snakes nest made from plastic snakes and moss.
 
 
My version is a lot sweeter :) For this you need pretzel sticks (broken in half) and chocolate/peanut butter chips to build the nest. Gummy worms make up the snakes and yogurt covered raisins were the eggs.

 
Melt the chips in the microwave in intervals of 30 seconds. For half a bag, it took me about 1.5 minutes.  Slowly mix in the pretzels.

 
Drop heaps of the mixture onto wax paper and shape into nests.

 
Add your gummy worms and raisin "eggs". I did this while the pretzels were still a little wet so that they would stick to it when it was dry.

 
The next set of treats took about 30seconds to whip up.

 
The ingredients are super simple:

 
I rolled out the marshmallows with a wooden rolling pin first, and then stuck on the lifesaver and pushed a chocolate chip in the middle. Ta-Da!

 
These spiderweb cookies were created using store-bought cookies.

 
To create the "web" on top I melted some white chocolate. I used the frosting bottles I had on hand, but you could easily use a normal piping bag.

 
I free handed some simple spiderwebs, but if you weren't comfortable with that then you could place an image under the wax paper to trace.

 
Once dry, gently lift them up by peeling back the wax paper.

 
Place on top of cookies.
 
 
This technique is so simple but instantly makes it look more expensive and custom. Spiderwebs are only one idea to make with this.

 
I think the cookies were the kid's favorite :)

 
Here's a peek at the rest of the table:

 
Gummy frogs- always a no-bake winner!





 



 
 
What kind of treats have you made lately without using your oven?
 
 
xo,
Rachel
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment