Monday, October 8, 2012

Goodwill Find :: Halloween Frightening Tree

Hello!
 
I had so much fun with our operation "Haunted Playhouse"  that I wanted to show you how one of the pieces came to be.
 
About two years ago, we were walking around {go figure} our local Goodwill. This was about a month or so before Halloween, so it may explain my train of thought.
 
Here's the thing. You should know something about me: when it comes to thrift stores, flea markets, garage sales, etc I have some kind of spidey sense that allows me to spot something amazing (and often tucked out of view) from an incredible distance. Case in point: a large plastic bag, filled with pieces of (what looked liked) a white, plastic tree. It is times like these that I run  speedwalk to the object in sight, holding it up once I reach it, like a victorious discoverer. It is often then, that Jason looks at me clueless and asks, "what is that for?".
 
Um, duh, it's clearly going to be an amazing Halloween tree. Sheesh.
 
 And for under $4, it was ours ;)
 
I wish I had taken a before pic for you. This was before bloggy-land ever entered my mind and I was simply just a girl crafting it up one project at a time :). I honestly never knew what the heck this was supposed to be. (I mean, besides an awesome looking haunted tree!) Then, this year when I took out all the pieces from the bag to put together, I noticed it came with directions. (Ha! Who knew!) And guess what: it was a bush meant for Hanukkah!
 
I found an image on Google that shows what this baby looked like originally:
 
 
A few coats of black spray paint, and it turned into this (yes, probably the opposite of what it was intended for!):



 
I seriously L.O.V.E this tree. Don't be surprised if you see it again somewhere else in our house because I brought it back inside!
 
 
 
xo,
Rachel
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment