Sunday, July 1, 2012

Styled :: Rootbeer Floats

Since the 4th of July is right around the corner, I wanted to share with you a fun treat that would be a perfect addition to any barbque this summer: RootBeer Floats.

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that most ideas that you see in magazines or on web pages are really just SIMPLE ideas done beautifully.

So, today I want to show you a way to take the simple idea of a classic summer drink (rootbeer floats) and turn it into something that your guest will gush about.


First, I started off with some paper straws (leftover from Cayden's birthday party!) and printed up some flags that I made.


The effect is simple, but special.



I created the flags using the colors drawn from the vintage soda ad in the background. This ad just looks like summer to me, so I really wanted to recreate that look here. Red, white, and blue straws/flags would look great for this as well.


Ice cream was served in mason glass jars. I used this idea for for our CareBear party as well. It's such a great way to serve ice cream, because you can portion it out before and keep it in the freezer until you need it!



Individual bottles allow your guest to create their own drink. (Because you have to make sure to have the right ice cream to soda ratio!)










YUM.

and PS, if you like those little straw flags, you are in luck because they just might pop up on a Freebie Friday this week :)

Here's to another summer week....Cheers!

xo,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment