Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Inspired :: Jungle Themed Baby Shower and Sneak Peak

I am excited to show you a sneak peak at one of the projects I have been working on around here.

When I had recently gotten into contact with a client from Florida about a week or so ago, she had already had the theme and invitations picked out for the baby shower she was throwing for her friend: Jungle Theme.

This is such a cute theme and can be taken in so many different directions. I kind of knew right off the bat that I wanted to do a more modern take on it, and quickly came up with a board of inspiration:

All links and pictures above can be found on my Pinterest Board


This shower is being held for a baby boy, so I really wanted to go with a blue and green color palette with touches of orange and yellow.

Since this client is on a super tight budget, she wanted me to come up with ideas that were easy to implement and soft on the wallet.

Here were the three ideas I thought could make the biggest impact:


Spray painted plastic animals. Bigger ones can be used for table top decoration, while smaller ones can be glued to the top of empty baby food jars and used as favor holders. There are SO many different ways that you could use these. Aside from the (small) cost of spray paint, all you would have to buy are the plastic animals-an easy find at any dollar store, flea market, or garage sale. Easy Peasy.


Animal Crackers! The ones above are displayed beautifully in a box with a stuffed animal, however you could easily place these in a Ziploc bag with a handmade (or in our case, digital) topper. Animal Crackers will look adorable with this theme and are so much cheaper than candy.


Tissue pom poms. Need a cheap backdrop or something to throw up above the dessert table? Think tissue paper! So easy, and cheap! Clump them together in larger numbers to really create an impact.

After showing her the inspiration board and having her (whew) love it, I started to design the printable party that she can print and style herself.

Here's a little sneak peak:








So far, I am about half way done with this party, and I am in love :)

Hope your week is going great!

xo,

Rachel








No comments:

Post a Comment