Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Friday :: Gift Wrapping with DIY Tassles

I don't know about you, but this gal is super happy that it's Friday :)
 
Although this weekend is the first in months that soccer wont be dominating our time, parties seem to have taken their place (as always!). The kids have two parties to go to, one a close friend of ours.
 
This special little girl is turning 3, and in the short few months that we have known her, she (and her brother) have fallen fast as besties of our children. She is actually only three weeks older than our little guy, and the two of them have created quite the duesome twosome :)
 
I wanted to wrap her gift up simply and beautifully.
 
 
I took out the ribbon without having any specific plan for it, but for some reason, I just knew that they had to be tassels :)
 
I am sure there are many tutorials on the web on how to make tassels. Since I hadn't planned on making them, I just kinda created my own way:

 
1. Supplies needed: yarn/ribbon and hot glue
2. Since I wanted my tassels about 3" I just wrapped the ribbon around my hands (making one side about 3"). You could extend out your fingers to make this a little longer. I wrapped about 10x
3.  Slide off of hand and cut off an excess yarn. Cut your loop in half (only on the one side)
4. Cut and extra piece of yarn and use it to tie a knot in the middle of the yarn you just cut in half
5. Bend your pile in half over the knot. Use one side of the yarn you used as a knot to wrap around the top. Wrap around several times.
6. Secure the end with a dab of hot glue.

 
For added decoration I used a butterfly stencil from the kid's collection and colored it in using a white pencil.

 
Same goes for her name.



 
Happy Birthday, Eloise :)
 
 
Happy Weekend!
 
xo,
 
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment